Hello all!

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm a soon to be switcher - like many others I'm biding my time for the release of leopard, although the free ipod offer is very tempting at the moment...

Anyway - hope to be able to talk to you soon, via a mac at least O:)

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

What Mac are you considering?

OP
T
Reaction score
A MacBook Pro 15" - might stretch to the 2.4 GHz model, I think it's best to buy as fast a processor as you can afford, plus it has the better graphics card.

I'll be using it for all the usual home tasks, plus work tasks which will involve image processing and possibly even simulation. For the latter I'll need to run under linux/windows so I'll probably be purchasing fusion/parallels as well - although I see there is debate to as which is better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Free iPod offer??? I need to check that out. I am still planning on getting a MacBook Pro myself, but have been waiting for the release of Leopard. I might have to rethink if there is a free iPod in the mix! Thanks - I will check this out.

OP
T
Reaction score
Free iPod offer??? I need to check that out. I am still planning on getting a MacBook Pro myself, but have been waiting for the release of Leopard. I might have to rethink if there is a free iPod in the mix! Thanks - I will check this out.
It's a student offer - I'm not but I have brother who is ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!
They usually offer the "free" ipods during the start of the school year....or least this has been the consistency for the past few years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well darn! :D I'm afraid I don't qualify as a student any more!

OP
T
Reaction score
For those of us still with access to student prices (O:) ) Is it worth waiting for Leopard (assuming it doesn't come out this month) - or take up the free ipod offer (expires 31st of October)?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.