iPhoto and uploading to 3rd party print developer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24"/2.4GHZ

I have had my iMac up and running for a week now. Previously, I was working with Photoshop Elements on my PC, where I could upload photos to Wal Mart, Black's photography etc to have them print the pictures.

With iPhoto, it appears that I can only access the Kodak 'order prints' option that comes with iPhoto . When I try to upload to any other provider, it doesn't interface properly. The 'upload screen' does come on, but when I 'browse' to add file, I can't seem to get iPhoto to interface and choose my photos.

Am I doing something wrong or missed a trick along the way? I can't really believe that iPhoto only directs you to their print provider, and not one of your own choosing.

Sidenote ** I have downloaded the Aperture trial and if I understand it correctly, one of the features is to allow you to upload to a 3rd party print developer. True?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You could use the export command(Shift++E) to export to a folder in your Documents (For example)and upload to your 3rd party app from that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Yes, that is the way -- export to somewhere (I use the desktop) and go from there. Users are not meant to muck about in the finder, do everything from the app. Using export will allow you to choose the size (resolution) of your photo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.