Introduction

Reaction score
Hey all...this is Jerry coming from Washington DC. I guess I'm a "switcher". My MCSE has been paying the bills here at my Windows workplace but I'm campaigning for some change here. With so many new technologies like virtualization or Citrix, does OS really matter any more?

Anyway, I ditched the Blackberry for an iPhone and my Toshiba running Vista for the black MacBook. Everything is really sleek but I'm missing that second mouse button. :)

Looking forward to getting to know and learning some things about the MacOS and how feasible it is to have a MacBook in a Windows/Exchange environment.

Thanks

Jerry

If you like cigars check out my cigar blog at - http://www.stogiereview.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
Just tap w/2 fingers to get contextual menus. Soon it becomes second nature. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Welcome Jerry!

I think you're right about the OS become less important at work and I think Citrix is becoming very important in the global market.

I can't imagine losing Push Email from work, so I'll have to hang on to my Blackberry!

As for Exchange support on the Mac... Entourage in office 2004 does this very poorly, but the rumour is that Office 2008, at least the Pro Version, does this exceptionally well. So Entourage 2008 is going to be worth the wait (due Jan 2008).

Ctrl-Click is the 2nd mouse button, BTW. :D

Reaction score
If you use an actual mouse with your MacBook, you can use a two button mouse. Right clicking will work the same as it does on a Windows machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Welcome to the dark side >:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.