• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Me and some friends arrived in Myrtle Beach yesterday for vacation. We're staying at his parent's place and they live on a Golf Course. We stopped at the club house on the way to their place and this was just chillin' in the middle of the pond. He swam right up to up. We went back and fed him later in the evening

1459563640_ce85caece3_o.jpg

1463867604_91158e205f_o.jpg

1463867614_426e5ceb70_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Probably not a good idea to feed them. Judging by the angle of those shots of his head, looks like you were pretty darn close! Be careful. They look slow, but they can move pretty quick when they want to.

I used to live in SC on the coast, and they were all over the place: on golf courses and even once in a while around my apartments. A friend of mine was fishing once and when he reeled in a fish, a gator was following it! It chased him down until he took the fish off the line and tossed it at the gator, which took the *bait* and left him alone.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Probably not a good idea to feed them. Judging by the angle of those shots of his head, looks like you were pretty darn close! Be careful. They look slow, but they can move pretty quick when they want to.

I used to live in SC on the coast, and they were all over the place: on golf courses and even once in a while around my apartments. A friend of mine was fishing once and when he reeled in a fish, a gator was following it! It chased him down until he took the fish off the line and tossed it at the gator, which took the *bait* and left him alone.

70-300mm lens and we were on a deck that was about 4 feet at the base above the water.

The gator wasn't that close. He's small too. A lot smaller than he looks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
were you near something purple or is that reflection just freaky lens refraction?

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
were you near something purple or is that reflection just freaky lens refraction?

It's from the lens. It's a crappy Quantaray, but I didn't have any other long lenses to work with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Never-the-less, cool photo's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.