:::How Do I Make Trance Music?:::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
Reason or Ableton are two great pieces of software. Reason 4 is out now and looks incredible. So easy to use, great for making beats and a nice learning curve. but is not compatable with any plug ins so what you get is what you get (if you see what i mean).

Ableton is also great and aimed more at live performance. Thats not to say you cant do any sequencing on it. I find the interface lets me be more creative and create more interesting sounds really quickly. They're both great and i use both. You can download demo's from their respective sites

Reason - http://www.propellerheads.se
Ableton - http://www.ableton.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Starting with ableton? LOL. It is a big mess of a program, but it is the most solid in the industry. Im a pro tools guy personally, but using protools would require you to download alot of samples. Ableton already comes prebundled with them. Try the demo out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
What about Apple's own Logic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
is there a logic demo floating around? i'm happy with protools but now that i have a mac, it is a new option

Reaction score
Cubase is another option but may be too much for a noob. Albleton or reason are most probably your best bets. FYI I haven't tried logic or pro tools so can't comment on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Many trance producers use Logic, I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Imac
started using logic studio myself one month ago,
killah!.
i used live for about 4 years, but i enjoy the audio interfacio of logic
live is one of the bests thoug

Reaction score
As a Trance/Techno producer myself, i would suggest Reason or Cubase. They're very easy to use and their sounds are top notch. You really do get quality when the softwares are mastered. I've never tried Logic for production but i heard it's a very complete software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.