Is Anyone Using Safari 3 Yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
I want to download the beta version but I just wanted to ask and see if anyone was using it yet and if so what you guys thought of it..?

O:)

Reaction score
I've been using it. So far, I have had no issues whatsoever. It is noticeably faster! The new features are very usable. Go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I've been using it for a couple of months. It doesn't seem much different from 2 useability wise, apart from the search function. Unfortunately it does like to crash a little too frequently.

Reaction score
I haven't had any crashing issues yet.

The new features aren't earth shattering, but they are a nice addition. I like the fact that you can drag a tab off of the browser window and it will open it in a new window. Also, you can shuffle around the tabs by dragging them to a different location. These are both nice features.

Probably the biggest new feature is that you can use Safari on Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I've been using it and I enjoy it. It is much faster, the live search feature is amazing. If you install the twice tab plug-in it's even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I use Safari 2.. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I use Safari on my XP machine too, it smokes even Firefox for a beta.

Reaction score
Been using it about 3 weeks now - love it. Had no problems, no crashes, it is faster. I usually do not do "betas" but decided that it is Mac therefore.......:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I usually do not do "betas" but decided that it is Mac therefore.......:D
Bah. I installed it on my PC at work (which I care little for, anyway.) Under Windows, it crashes fairly often and reliably on certain websites.

I have thus been wary of installing it on my Macs (which I do care about.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i've been using it on my macbook since it came out and it hasn't crashed once. i've tried the windows version and it seems much less stable. it crashed about 3-4 times the first day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Using Safari 3.0.3. No crashes, no problems at all.

Reaction score
Somewhere in all this must be a common denominator: why 3 crashes regularly for some but never for others.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
lol. I don't know but for some reason i dont see what the fuss is?

I used Safari then downloaded 3 this morning and I don't know if it is only me but FireFix still seems quicker.

But I'm happy to use either to be honest. I try and tell myself to use Safari cause it's Safari lol but.. it just seems slower to me :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Bah. I installed it on my PC at work (which I care little for, anyway.) Under Windows, it crashes fairly often and reliably on certain websites.

I have thus been wary of installing it on my Macs (which I do care about.)

Agreed although overall I have had no issues with on my Windows boxes. I wanted to give it a try there and leave my Macs alone till Leopard comes out and with it as then it will not be BETA anymore. Then I will purchase Leopard and try it. On the PC I did not care and that way got sort of a preview without messing up my perfectly working Macs and Tiger.

Only issues with the Windows version were with Beta 1. After the .2 and .3 updates it's pretty stable. Like tech said though some sites mess with it, but that happens on the Mac with Safari 2 with a very few sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Only problem I have with Safari 3 is some flash plugin crashes, which the at the same site FireFox handles well enough. Periodically, with FireFox, other windows open up behind it, and it won't let you select them, you have to minimize FF.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Installing Safari3 Beta is a no brainer. Its very stable and has some nice features. Of course, it needs some work on the Windows end, but for Mac, it is a must upgrade..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
I've had crashing. I've only had my mac for 2 weeks, my son used Safari for one day and it crashed. We use Firefox with no problems.

M

MacHeadCase

Not me. Safari beta doesn't interest me, especially with the problems encountered by some wishing to downgrade back to Safari 2.x.

Besides the next Tiger update, 10.4.11 is said to focus mostly on Safari 2.x problems.

I will go with Safari 3 only when I upgrade to Leopard... which I will let pass till there are two updates released to fix the usual first version OS bugs. :D

Reaction score
I wasn't sold on Safari 3 until I reached 3.0.3 The browser is working much better for me than it did during the first two builds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've tried it twice, and reverted back to Safari 2 twice. The reason: I use Safari with hacked .nibs files. Safaristand has awesome picture tabs, and I erased the original tabs from Safari, but with Safari 3, that isn't possible yet, so I'll continue to use Safari 2, until its fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.