• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumors galore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Interesting, I could see it's uses, but AT&T always put a huge price on their data.. I have a cellphone through them and even though my regular contract is awesome, data is so very expensive, rediculously so. It'll be good for some people :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Murlyn did you notice though that AT&T is offering unlimited data for $25 in their 3G cities? I know there's only 4 right now, but I'm sure it will be expanding...

The only thing I question about this report is why would Apple partner with a company that won't exist in 5 or 6 months when it becomes part of Cingular? Unless it has the same deal with them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AT&T wireless and Cingular.. yeah same thing.. I actually think Cingular is going to keep AT&T wireless's name.. don't quote me on that though. I guess if I used data more then $25 is worth it, but since I pay about that much for broadband for my computer.. it's hard for me to swallow, but again.. if I was travelling more than I have been lately.. it would be worth it to even be able to connect :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, Cingular isn't keeping the name. On the sale, the name reverts back to being property of AT&T who is leasing the rights to the name to AT&T Wireless. It will all become Cingular at that point.

And for most of those using mobile data, I'm sure their office is paying for it so it's pretty easy to swallow lol ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I use AT&T wiresless. With the Cingular takeover there is some talk of a 2 way radio service like Nextel in the works :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I thought that was strange that AT&T would keep their name. And I guess that since I am an owner of a small business, it's hard for me to swallow because it would come out of my own money. Sure I can take it off my taxes at the end of the year, but that does not help my cash flow now :)

Hmm.. that would be interesting to have a 2-way radio service.. I could dig that :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.