Logging on to University network with a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I want to log on to my University network by using my uni username and password.

With the computers set up at the uni they all ask me for a username and password to log on to the server when they start up.

How do i set this up on my macbook so that i can select the network and put in my uname and pword to log on when i plug myself in?

Reaction score
Need more info here! Are you talking about a wireless connection user name and password? Or a proxy server? Or a server hosted directory? And why hasn't your university given you this info?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, since you're from Wales, I'm going to assume you're at Cardiff University?

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/insrv/it/network/wireless/connect.html

If you're at a different uni, the procedure should be similar: You'll either need to log on to the uni network via a webpage or via a VPN client of sorts, using your university supplied credentials.

Btw - if you are in Cardiff, say "Hi" to my home town for me!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
there is both a wireless network and i want to be able to just plug myself in but i have no idea how it works. i have both my username and password but i now nothing els.

No im not at cardiff uni, im in glamorgan uni which is near it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.