• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft software quality??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
Yeah, I also laughed for that bug. Excel IMHO is the best application from M$, but now they screwed it up too :Oops: . Anyway that problem does not affect formulaes, it just shows wrong value for user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Another example of how MS' overcomplication of everything they do lets the bugs flow in. How hard is it to just display a nummber?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wait a minute... lets reconsider the thread title... "Microsoft Software Quality". Doesn't this thread belong in our "Post an Oxymoron" thread? :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
hmmmm......

I wonder whether everyone over at the Vista forums points out every little OSX bug and proceeds to question Apple's quality.

EXCEL is a great piece of software, and is probably the best spreadsheet on the market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
hmmmm......

I wonder whether everyone over at the Vista forums points out every little OSX bug and proceeds to question Apple's quality.

EXCEL is a great piece of software, and is probably the best spreadsheet on the market.

As long as your sums don't add up to 65,535.

It doesn't matter how great Excel is (a point that I happen to agree with), that's just a plain stupid bug. Let's hope Office for Mac isn't based on the same borked codebase. And Vista forums are irrelevant - I don't need to question Microsoft's quality because it is demonstrably poor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
hmmmm......

Heck, we do, and we generally like Apple.

Maybe so...at least for Excel 2003/2004.

This bug in 2007 is ridiculous. There is no way that a serious software developer should fail to test edge cases like 65,535. Its inexcusable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.