Where to buy IMac in UK for part time student?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am waiting until Leopard comes out, and then I have decided I am going to buy an IMac (basic 20inch model).

I am currently a part time student at the College of Estate Management, but the college I study at is only affiliated to a university (reading), and does not carry the same status (i.e. i can not get a student discount card) :Shouting: .

Now, I am not sure if i can get a discount at the apple store. Will they check if I order online? I think if I try in store they will not accept my distance learning course as good enough?

If I get it from John Lewis they offer an extra years warranty free - which seems worthwhile. If I buy from John Lewis, I assume this is where I will have to return the computer if I have any problems.

Any advice much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Order from here and you will get around £60 off your iMac:

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukInd

This site is very much based on trust and no checks will be made on you or your education or educational establishment's status.

OP
G
Reaction score
thanks alexis. I have just rung apple uk, and they said that as long as i sent in a proof of study letter, (after purchase), i would be able to get discount. there is also an offer on a nano ipod still going, so may be worth looking at if leopard comes out before end of deal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
To get a discount while at uni, you need to go to the online Apple store from a university computer, assuming you have access to the university computers. It will then show you the discount prices when you go into the the HE (Higher Education) Store. The link to it should be on other stores on the right.

Regarding Leopard. They maybe a bit slow in rolling out Leopard on new machines when it is released. Usually it is only available on its own then they gradually start putting it on new machines. This is probably due to having a lot of Macs floating around with Tiger on them that still need to be sold.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.