PhotoBooth Help & Happy mid autumn festivals!

Reaction score
Hey guys sup, Happy mid autumn festivals haha XD
Anyway, i need some help regarding photo booth.

Whenver i try take a picture, the screen goes to complete white to act as flash light or something, the trouble is that I wear glasses, and that always causes a great flare >.< Anyway to fix that? So that the screen doesn't flash.
Thanks

& Eat lots mooncakes ;D

Mung_Bean_Mooncake_by_HanaClayWorks.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Hiya Nake...um NakedAngel. :Blushing:

I did a little playing with Photo Booth and found no way to suppress the flash. Then I did a little searching, Googling "photo booth flash" and found a couple things.

You cannot apparently turn off the flash, at least with what you normally get with a Mac. You're not the first to be bothered by the design.

You can do something that works pretty well however. You can invert the screen and have it flash black! If you use ctrl-alt-cmd-8, you'll do a complete reverse of the screen colors. When you use Photo Booth in this way and take a picture, it flashes black. I tried it, and it works! ctrl-alt-cmd-8 brings the screen back to normal.

If you are using PB in a bright room, the flash shouldn't really be much of a problem, but it will be in a dark room.

If you're playing with different effects, wait on the reverse video until you're ready to take the picture. That way you can see what you're doing.

Below you'll see two pics I just took, one taken normally and the other taken with the reverse video technique. Pardon the ugly face, I've been fighting the flu for the last few days. You'll see the effects.

Photo 389.jpg

"BEFORE" image, normal video setting.

Photo 390.jpg

"AFTER" image, reverse video using ctrl-alt-cmd-8.

Hope this helps! Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to you too!

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks a lot ^^, worked like a charm!!!!
Btw this is an awesome function XD, very coool.
Exposure haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.