• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD slideshow + JPEG files?

Reaction score
Hi,
First post here - after recently graduating to Mac (after convincing the wife to let me buy one!)
What I am trying to do is create a dvd slideshow with pictures & audio, and on the same disc have a folder of JPEG images.

On my pc, I would have created a dvd movie file from the slideshow, and then along with the video / audio TS folders included the JPEG folder.

But on a Mac, I'm lost! So far, I have created my slideshow in iPhoto, and exported it to iDvd, which has made it into a .mov file.
So halfway there - I now need advice on how to turn the .mov file into a dvd that has a video TS folder - and then how to load that along with a JPEG folder onto a dvd disc.
By my reasoning, this should mean that you can open the JPEG folder on a PC for viewing, and then if you put the disc into a dvd player the slideshow will automatically start... well that's what I want to achieve, anyway!

How close am I? I have just purchased "Toast titanium" which appears to be what I'm looking for, where do I go from here?
Any and all advice appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.