• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ooooo vista may be getting better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Darn!! I read your title and thought maybe Microsoft was canceling the whole thing as a bad idea!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I remember the service packs from XP and the general sense of what to do with them: DON'T INSTALL THEM UNTIL YOU HAVE TO! In fact, in our company it was corporate policy to NOT install the service packs for some time after they were released. They broke things and they made XP run slower. I can just imagine SP1 burdening Vista more than Vista itself.

We don't run Vista yet in our company. We will, but not too soon hopefully.

OP
ki99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i remember when sp2 came to xp (when i was still only using windows :( lol) and it made my computer run like a dream.
i installed it, and Windows XP w/SP2 is the only windows i can use, and enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
God bless SP2 on XP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
XP was pretty poor until SP2, I suspect Vista will be similar. I read that many companies are planning to skip vista and go straight to Windows 7, my place probably will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I work for the New York City Department of Education, last I heard they are a year or more away from even attempting a Vista upgrade. In fact, they still get Dells with XP, as they did in my office. Good news is students and classroom teachers get Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Funny. I've installed Vista on 3 or 4 machines and as long as they have adequate hardware and are kept in good running shape, then I've had no complaints from their users or had no complaints on either of my two Vista machines. There are issues, but a lot of that stems from hardware driver problems (hardware manufacture's fault) or people complaining about the system without configuring it to how they would like it to run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.