• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ladies & Gents I introduce the Wireless Charger!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey folks,

Just came across this article. Looks pretty neat even though its a bit low on details.

Check it out.... LINKY

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Whatever it is... its pretty neat if it goes through.

I got so many charges laying around my desk its INSANE. I'd love to get me one of these.

Reaction score
That would be neat. Hope its real. Just think, instead of hooking up your phone, just throw it in your room somewhere and it charges automatically, anywhere in the area of your room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wireless power is actually something that people have been working on for some time, but is gaining a lot of traction lately as there have been some breakthroughs in actual implementation.

A really cool use that was demoed is putting the technology in walls. So to power that lamp, all you have to do is put it near a wall and it'll get its power. This is really cool for wireless speakers as you don't have to worry about batteries or a power cable anymore. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i was thinking the other day how awesome it would be to have wireless power. so this is truely a dream come true! it could really redefine a "wireless"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'll believe it's more efficient than wired power when I see and independent study. There was also a guy a couple months ago that claimed to have successfully produce a perpetual motion machine and defied all know natural laws. That didn't pan out too well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.