Finally getting my macbook

Reaction score
Hiya everyone
I'm finally getting my macbook (the £699 one) this thursday and i cant wait! I've never used a mac before..does anyone have any advice?
I was going to wait to leopard to get my macbook but i'm too impaitent. Also i think tiger looks alot prettier. I just wondered if i ever feel like upgrading to leopard can i keep all my files/etc.. or does everything get deleted? Also will ilife still be on my macbook?
Also what is the video editing programme like on mac's? I edit alot of videos so will be using this alot. Is it easy to use?
Another question (sorry to ask so many!! lol) - Does a modem work on a mac? I'm on tiscali internet will that work on my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Congratulations on getting your new mac!

1. When you first use your mac you may find some things pretty annoying, the first thing is that you cant maximise a window on a mac, you can only zoom in to fit the contents of the web-page, document etc. In most situations this will work fine, but sometimes it does get a bit annoying. The philosophy behind that is that when your using your mac you should be multitasking, so having a window full screen is wasting space. This, when you think about it, makes more sense.

2. When you get leopard you can choose to preserve your files and settings and only upgrade the system. This won't delete your files, settings and applications

3. iMovie is the video editing software for mac, The one you'll have is iMovie 08, I've never used that version (I've got iMovie 06) but its pretty good. If you do a lot of video editing then you may need to consider buying final cut pro.

4. The Tiscali modem should work on your mac, but phone them up to make sure. I found this on their website,

http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com/cgi-...od_lvl1=18&p_search_text=Modem&p_new_search=1

it basically a FAQ with everything related to Apple mac and Tiscali Modems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Congrats on the MacBook! I recently upgraded and share you're excitment!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Congrats on your first mac - you will love it :D

Reaction score
Congrats! I recently got a MacBook as well and have no regrets. My best advice to you to learn about your new MacBook is to do a lot of searching through google and youtube, you can learn much on those sites. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.