Itunes from PC to Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz 2gigs of ram 160gb hd
Hey guys, i was just wonderin if there is any way possible to transfer my itunes library from my windows desktop to my mac laptop. I am open to any advice.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
in your 'my music' folder there should be a folder called 'itunes' or 'itunes library' i can't recall, copy and paste that into your music folder on your mac. i'm pretty sure it loads it into itunes automatically. if not, go to file>add to library in itunes.

EDIT::
make sure you copy the first itunes folder, i belive it doesn't say library. if you copy the one inside it, it will duplicate all of your music into another itunes folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
will the names of the songs be the same as they were in itunes or when i first got the songs?

eg. When i downloaded the song Dare by Gorillaz it was called dare.Gorillaz so i changed the name on itunes to Dare.

will it still be called dare or will i be back to dare.Gorillaz cos then i will have alot of name changing to do...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
It will remain the same. iTunes changes the ID3 tags within the song so even if you take the mp3 file and play it in winamp, the change is reflected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
kool, thanks. ive been worrying about that for a while. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz 2gigs of ram 160gb hd
hey man thanks alot for the advice im gonna have to try that wen i get the time to do all of the transfers
once again thanks alot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.