It finally arrived...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Got my iPod to day finally. It is extremely cool, and works perfectly. I have not had any problems that I have read on other boards, and everything seems to be good.

I am thinking about getting a case like THIS one. Seems pretty rugid, and that's what I need, as mainly I will be using this baby in my truck.

I also got my truck radio interface today. Easy install, and it works. I would recommend going to installdr.com and look up your vehicle if you need to add one of these AUX interfaces.

It sounds great. I ripped all my audio into 128K AAC and I have a bunch of 192K MP3's. I haven't listened to any of the MP3's yet, but the AAC's I ripped are a little shallow. I think I might re-rip into 192K. I will do a test CD and see how it comes out. It definitely is distinguishable from CD though.

Also I need to get the car charger kit from belkin to make use of the line out. But that is something for down the line.

I can't recommend these things enough ( based on day 1 :) ). They are a little expensive, but man are they cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
can you connect your ipod with firewire, without the basedealie-dockthingy? because I dont like being limited to having to drag that around everywhere i go... so i think ill keep my 10giger

either way, enjoy your new babies :)

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, you can bypass the dock. I don't know why they went with a proprietary connection though. Maybe the firewire ports were too big?

This new port is kinda like a cell phone charger connection for qualcomm phones. It is about half the width of the iPod and skinny.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
are you using FM transmitter or AUX/RCA input? which size did you get?

OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got a 30 gig :)

I am using a direct connection to my car stereo, so no FM interference for me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
sweet action. direct connection is the way to go. i found the best sound is when you have the iPod set on jazz equilizer (gives good bass presence) and something like rock (good mid-range) on your radio equillizer.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As may grand sons put it. Thats tight. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.