• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
I have to say that whoever thought of the original iMac has to be a genius.
It remains one of my favourites of the modern macs...
I would have gone in for an iMac G3 DV instead of the PowerMac G4, but I soon remembered that inorder to keep up with the times, the PowerMac is easier to upgrade.
I like the other models that came after it, but here is the thing... if at all the iMac is very successful at doing is taking us back in history to the original Mac released by Apple long ago... a small box with a screen and a floppy drive. That was the first PC.... the first computer with a GUI... and it was an all in one wonder.
Having come in contact with computers only in the 90s, I would have been laughed at if I got myself an Mac IIX. But I was fortunate to have the iMac to give me that same feel. Face it... no Windows machine has ever done that for me.
I think I would find and buy a Mac IIX now, just for the sake of it. A great collectors item, I believe....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.