• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Shipping question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
I wasn't sure where to put this..but I am waiting for my MBP to come..and I paid $18 extra for 2-3 day shipping. However, I am following it through the tracking, and it's been 2 days already...and now my estimated shipping date is the 25th. It's still in Alaska (i'm in pennsylvania).

Will Apple give me the money back that I paid for the faster shipping?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Most companies do. Even if they don't (I would be surprised), you could just call and complain. Then they will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I wasn't sure where to put this..but I am waiting for my MBP to come..and I paid $18 extra for 2-3 day shipping. However, I am following it through the tracking, and it's been 2 days already...and now my estimated shipping date is the 25th. It's still in Alaska (i'm in pennsylvania).

Will Apple give me the money back that I paid for the faster shipping?

Apple said:
Order Processing
Apple will begin payment processing for orders on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.

Your order for in-stock items that are eligible for same-day shipping must be received before your local time of 2:00 p.m., pending payment processing, for there to be adequate remaining time in the day for your order to be dispatched.

For an additional charge, Apple offers this expedited shipping option for most products. Products shipped via two-day service prior to 5:00 p.m. EST are normally delivered by 4:30 p.m. local time two business days after shipment.

Remember that these estimates are for time in transit only, and that they do not apply until the product leaves Apple’s facilities. As the delivery of your order is beyond Apple’s control once your order leaves Apple’s facilities, Apple cannot assume liability for late deliveries, regardless of the delivery method you specify.
In other words, assuming you placed the order on the 18th (2 days ago), the order would not have been processed until the 19th (the next business day). From there it can take 2-3 business days, making the third business day the 24th. Keeping in mind this is only an estimate, and you could still receive it before then, Apple really isn't obligated to do anything yet since it isn't late yet.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In other words, assuming you placed the order on the 18th (2 days ago), the order would not have been processed until the 19th (the next business day). From there it can take 2-3 business days, making the third business day the 24th. Keeping in mind this is only an estimate, and you could still receive it before then, Apple really isn't obligated to do anything yet since it isn't late yet.

I actually placed my order on the 2nd (which is why im so anxious)...and they said my ship date was sept 13-18 and that the latest i would have it was the 21st (tomorrow)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I actually placed my order on the 2nd (which is why im so anxious)...and they said my ship date was sept 13-18 and that the latest i would have it was the 21st (tomorrow)
Well, that could change things slightly. Did you pay for the expedited shipping at the time of the initial order, or did you just add it two days ago?

Either way, you would probably be entitled to a credit for the extra cost seeing that is has been a while since you ordered it.... unless you ordered a custom configuration (bigger HD, more RAM, etc.). BTO machines will always take longer to process (as much as 7-10 business days or longer in some cases), thus stretching the date when it actually ships.

Remember, shipping times don't even come into play until the actual order has finished processing. If a custom part is on backorder then processing will obviously take longer.
Paying more for expedited shipping doesn't mean that you will get your order 2-3 days after you place the order, it means that once the order has completed processing and is ready to go out, then you should get it within 2-3 business days of that date.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, that could change things slightly. Did you pay for the expedited shipping at the time of the initial order, or did you just add it two days ago?

Either way, you would probably be entitled to a credit for the extra cost seeing that is has been a while since you ordered it.... unless you ordered a custom configuration (bigger HD, more RAM, etc.). BTO machines will always take longer to process (as much as 7-10 business days or longer in some cases), thus stretching the date when it actually ships.

I did upgrade the HD but added the 2 day shipping when I ordered. I guess I will give them a call when I get it and see what I can do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
They will give it to you if it doesn't get there on time. $18 is nothing to them, if it means keeping a customer happy.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They will give it to you if it doesn't get there on time. $18 is nothing to them, if it means keeping a customer happy.

sweet...thanks...that can just be $18 towards leopard (assuming i would get a store credit)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.