Biggest switcher hurdle - Quicken?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Has anyone successfully migrated quicken 2007 data to Quicken for Mac 2007? I am probably going to have to run bootcamp or VMWARE anyway as I am an IT consultant and most of my work is PC based, but it would be nice to not have to boot onto a PC side every evening when I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I had this hangup too...I prefer Quicken to the other options out there and wanted to hang on to it. Intuit produces Quicken for Mac, but it not a Universal application (needs to run with Rosetta). And Quicken for Mac certainly isn't free, so I didn't want to toss perfectly good software Quicken(Win) to buy it again.
I highly recommend vmware's Fusion. It's fast and stable, no reboot to Windows is necessary, and can even opt to use Unity view, where Windows is nearly transparent (you run Windows apps from a list, and you can switch to and minimize Windows programs to your Dock as if they were native). If you already have used Boot Camp, you can use Fusion to setup your Boot Camp partition as a virtual machine (if you haven't used Boot Camp yet, I wouldn't).
Fusion is $60 from vmware's site until the end of the year.

OP
illy5603
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of Bootcamp simply to play one of my favorite PC games, City of Heroes, but the rest I can do fine from VMWARE I am sure so I will look into that. My only problem is that I downloaded Quicken 2007, so I will either have to get the media or upgrade to 2008...

Reaction score
We switched to Mac, wanting to try to stay with all Mac software, but frustrated trying to switch Quicken 2005 Win to Quicken for Mac. Quicken Canada does not even support Quicken for Mac. After reviewing the Quicken Community forums, looks like we will be getting refund on Quicken for Mac and going with Parrells.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I'm running Boot Camp just so I can run MS Money (abandoned Quicken a few years ago after more than a decade of use). It's not a big deal to reboot when I want to access Money. I actually like the fact that my financial data is inaccessible to others without booting to Windows at startup.

Reaction score
Trying out Quicken 2005 Win using Crossover. Way further ahead then trying to convert to Quicken for Mac. Speaker makes a chirp when doing something like printing. Looks like this maybe our solution. Will expertiment a bit more over the next few days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.