• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Video| 15" MacBook Pro | iPod Shuffle
I really need some advice.

I've been going out with my girlfriend for 3 months and I really like her and she really likes me.

I really have this urge to make out with her. I'm sure she'd be willing to, so I'm going to try it tomorrow after school.

Here's my plan so far:
-Bring her to my house
-Hang out
-Watch a romantic movie
-Make out

Here are my questions:

-What movie should we watch?
-Are there any kissing techniques that I should know?
-tongue or no tongue?
-Where do I put my hands when kissing her?
- on the back of her head, on her back, where?
-How long does kissing usually last?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Might I politely suggest that this is a Mac Forum? Questions such as these likely belong in some other forum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Ha! What awkward questions! I admire your courage to post this, so I will try to answer a few for you.

Movie? Spirited Away, You, Me, and Everyone We Know, Moulin Rouge...I don't know, pretty much anything meaningful.
Kissing: No tongue. Some people like it, some don't. I personally don't. It's better to play it safe. Let her do it if she wants to.
Hands: Don't really need to do much with them...back of the neck is always romantic.
Duration: Some people like long ones, some people like short ones...just have to figure it out.

Good luck, I guess....3 months is a long time. She is probably thinking *** is taking him so long...

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do you often go to technical forums to seek love advice? What are you, 12?

OP
Destructive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, most people who go on technical forums seem to be smart, and I don't really know where else to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Come on guys don't give the kid a hard time. I think cheesybanana's advice is pretty good. Just take it slow and don't push her to do anything she doesn't want to do. Good luck bud.

Reaction score
Far out guys, why do you need to be so harsh. This is the "open" part of the forum isn't it? If you're technical and computerish all the time you'll go crazy, it's good to have a laugh and in this case adverturize into a deap meaningful conversation!

I'm with cheesybanana, thumbs up for the courage. Now here comes the advice...

Follow that little voice inside your head/heart and ignore all messages coming from the penis.

You can say penis here right? haha

But yeh, don't force anything. Force never works, go with the flow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Do you often go to technical forums to seek love advice? What are you, 12?

It is an awkward thing. Who are you going to ask?

I mean...at least he cares enough to ask at all. Most guys would've tried something LONG before this. Have some sympathy!

Well, most people who go on technical forums seem to be smart, and I don't really know where else to ask.

Well...you could certainly keep going with that stereotype, and probably end up with a good reason NOT to ask such questions on a technical forum. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Go ahead and get some!!

I'm in agreement with Cheesybanana.

Rock on, little brother!! ;D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
just look into her eyes and move in slowly, she'll start moving closer to you too, kiss her, but don't use your tongue on the first kiss, thats something you work into.. girls at first dont' like your hands in the front of their body any time in the first couple of kisses, so keep it in the back and above the waste. As for the movie, it doens't matter what it is you watch, as long as you both like it, and as soon as the credits come on, dont' kiss her, talk for a while it adds that special touch.

but as the point that was brought up before, this girl is probably thinking "*** is wrong with him its been 3 months" unless ofcourse your young she'll be expecing it, but i guess 3 months is a good amount of time to kiss her for your first relationship in middle school or early high school.

good luck and I admire your courage to ask something like this to a bunch of older people who might have judged you (personally i didn't)

one more piece of advice.. when ever you have to ask a question about your girlfriend and are not quite sure.. ask her, and if you're not 100% comfortable asking her first, her best friend will always know the answers it may be a good idea to start with her first.

good luck. have fun thats the most important part of kissing, if its not fun then you're either really nervous, or you're not as into her as you think you are and you should talk more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You've been going out for three months and you haven't made out yet? I'm sorry, but I just find that funny. No way would I be able to last that long once I started going out with a girl.

Anyway, both cheesybanana and Powerbook have some excellent ideas. Though I'll disagree with cheesy on the tongue thing ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
You've been going out for three months and you haven't made out yet? I'm sorry, but I just find that funny. No way would I be able to last that long once I started going out with a girl.

Anyway, both cheesybanana and Powerbook have some excellent ideas. Though I'll disagree with cheesy on the tongue thing ;P

He is probably young. Once you do it, it's not a big deal anymore....like all things sexual.

And tongue is really iffy. Some people are good at it...refined, controlled, tasteful. I would be okay with that. But most people are not good at it...

It is really on a case-by-case basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're right, I've been with some girls who had no clue what to do with their tongue. Though after a while they seem to pick it up :)

You're right, forgot this kid was so young. But 3 months still seems like a rather long time. Didn't take me that long with my first girlfriend, but then again, I'm a man-w.hore ;P

OP
Destructive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys for all the help. I'll try and do it tonight.

I'm also not sure of how to actually make out. Am I supposed to tilt my head or not? Do I suck her lips or what?

I know those are weird questions but I seriously need help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Head tilt is pretty much necessary. Nose gets in the way.

Oh god, DON'T suck her lips. You are nowhere near the stage of lip sucking. That is pretty much reserved for more...advanced stages. And even then it can be a little awkward.

Just keep it simple. Don't try anything too complicated. I mean, kissing is just touching lips. Keep it that way, at least for starters. Don't try to eat her face or anything. That is just gross.

As people above said...go with the flow. Check things out. Test the waters. Don't take it too seriously. Smile. Be happy. Enjoy it.

just have fun.

OP
Destructive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. Thanks. I'm leaving now to go to her house. I'll let you guys know how it goes....only if you want to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
Just start off with a few small pecks and gradually pause on her lips more and more with every kiss until you find your lips sliding accross hers (no aliva unless she starts using tongue, play it safe and dry for the first 10 kisses or so unless she wants it, some girls like it some don't 90% of kisses with my girlfriend are dry slightly parted lip kisses) I had my first kiss about a year and 1 month ago and I still remember everyhting. Just don't be watching Austin Powers Goldmember like my girlfriend and I were (still together).

Reaction score
Yeh, you always remember your first kiss...

Mine was while watching the movie: Intolerable Cruelty

Heck, we weren't even watching the damm movie after the first 10 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
My first kiss was in 7th grade (I think? Maybe 8th). Eww, now that I think about it I wish it would have been with a better looking boy..lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.