• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

copy DVD program.

D

design2

hey guys,

i was informed recently that it is legal to copy your own dvds to have as backup discs and use for personal use so i got a dvd burner which is all good but the software it came with gives me copyright protection.

So a friend told me DvdXcopy but you gotta pay like $100 for that and its in the USA and i wouldnt even know if it was any good.

I have tried a trial version of CopyDVD and it works fine EXCEPT is wont allow me to specify what i want on the dvd for example if the dvd is too big to fit on one dvd , but the actual movie it self could fit . I know you can get a program whereby you select which material and menus you want , does anyone have any recommendations.

This topic might be in the wrong place or stated before so please forward me if so.

Design2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
you can use DVDbackup (free) to extract DVD files on you hard disc and later process them with DVD2oneX (49$) to scale it down to 4.7 GB consumer DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
MAC-simus said:
you can use DVDbackup (free) to extract DVD files on you hard disc and later process them with DVD2oneX (49$) to scale it down to 4.7 GB consumer DVD
There's actually a program called Fast DVD Copy (http://www.fastdvdcopy.com) that will copy a DVD and fit it onto a consumer 4.7 GB disk in about 90 minutes. It lets you customize what you want on the disk, but it doesn't give you the freedom that using 3 apps does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.