• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Spillllllllllls

Reaction score
This just may make some of you a little upset, I don't really care, but do any of you idiots know what a TV tray is? I mean one of those little fold-up tables you can move around the room fairly easily. My god there are like 3 or 4 spills a week here. I have to admit that I am always drinking something while I am working with my powerbook, coffee, soda, beer, whatever, but never I mean never is it anywhere near the computer. It is really easy not to spill stuff on the keyboard. All you have to do is use said TV tray and lean back to guzzle your beer. Almost everyone here has had the sense to pay big bucks for probably the best notebooks money can buy, but don't have the sense not to take it into the shower with them. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
I thought about not replying to this and then I thought, "I can't resist"

Your post is totally flawed in nearly every respect.

1) You start an argument as if you are replying to a response from someone else

2) You don't make this "invisable argument" in response to any post specifically

3) You really are rude RE:

"This just may make some of you a little upset, I don't really care, but do any of you idiots know what a TV tray is?"

We're no tidiots, ad if you are to use this kind of rudeness, who specifically do you mean? All of us? That's a brave thing to type.

Anyway, I just thought I would point out the pointlessness of your post mainly due to it being very negative. For example, you could have wrote...

'I've seen a lot of posts on here lately related to people getting water on their laptop and thought I would share a tip of mine to help lower the ammount of 'accidents' which seem to be happening. I like to drink when using my powerbook, whether it be coffee, soda, or beer so I use one of those little TV Trays to put beside me whenever I'm drinking and using the computer. I just make sure I lean well back when I take a gulp to avoid any spillage and use the table to hold my drink. Sorry if this seems patronising, just thought I would pass on some useful information'

Even that sounds silly, but I can't make it sound any nicer. Take note of what I did. I didn't call anyone idiots, and I referred to the message board as my point of reference for posting in the first place.

I personally leave my laptop in my room whilst I shower

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Agreed. A totally uncalled-for post.

Reaction score
what if they are not old enough to drink beer? Are you also promoting underage alcohol consumption? And you call yourself a role model, I'm sure your kids may think so, but, me and mine dont. I frown upon this. Do you condone underage sex as well? Perhaps polyganism? Did you let your daughter get married at age 8? I didnt think so. Now apologize for EVERYTHING!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
what if they are not old enough to drink beer? Are you also promoting underage alcohol consumption? And you call yourself a role model, I'm sure your kids may think so, but, me and mine dont. I frown upon this. Do you condone underage sex as well? Perhaps polyganism? Did you let your daughter get married at age 8? I didnt think so. Now apologize for EVERYTHING!

What?

...this thread is unbelievable...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I should see if my parents still have my old E.T. TV tray and see if I can manage to spill on a laptop. (No harm seeing it's a millions years old and used for parts.) I bet I could "lean back and guzzle beer" and still spill something on it.

Reaction score
I should see if my parents still have my old E.T. TV tray and see if I can manage to spill on a laptop. (No harm seeing it's a millions years old and used for parts.) I bet I could "lean back and guzzle beer" and still spill something on it.

I love your new sig Bry! I'm a big office fan! My friends call me temp because my name is Ryan haha!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I love your new sig Bry! I'm a big office fan!

Oh yea, I am so excited Season 3 is out. I bought a copy for my gf. The pretzel quote is one of my favs. Along with the one where Michael takes the girls to Victoria's Secret and he's in a monologue and says "If Kelly had a brain" or something and she's jumping up and down throwning underwear around. And of course when Jim imitates Dwight. God, I love that show!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
... Appolgise to the unit please

~~ TS ~~

OP
T
Reaction score
This post was rude and harsh, and I apologize for placing it in the wrong forum originally. I still have <0 sympathy for anyone that suffers the consequences of their own idiotic carelessness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i have no sympathy for anyone who is banned due to their own flamatory posting style :)

Reaction score
Oh yea, I am so excited Season 3 is out. I bought a copy for my gf. The pretzel quote is one of my favs. Along with the one where Michael takes the girls to Victoria's Secret and he's in a monologue and says "If Kelly had a brain" or something and she's jumping up and down throwning underwear around. And of course when Jim imitates Dwight. God, I love that show!!

I can't wait until the 27th for season 4!! I also love the if Kelly had a brain and if Angela had a heart HAHA!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Where is Customer with his new pic when you need him?

Right here.

Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

A bit late, I know, but still appropriate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Wait wait! I want to get one shot in before it goes silent...

This post was rude and harsh, and I apologize for placing it in the wrong forum originally. I still have <0 sympathy for anyone that suffers the consequences of their own idiotic carelessness.

You mean...just like yourself and this thread?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.