• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store in Mobile, AL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video (30GB). iPhone 3G 8GB. 13" Unibody MacBook 2.4ghz.
Have any of you heard anything about the possibility of apple opening a store in Mobile? I heard something a while back, but the rumors have since died. As of now, the closest store is in 4 hours away in Birmingham :(

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
If they haven't put one in New Orleans yet, I doubt they'll put one in Mobile. Towns as small as Mobile rarely get the joy of an Apple Store. I think those rumors you heard were just that.....rumors

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya, I was hoping they would because of University of South Alabama, but it is a somewhat small school (but they have an amazing engineering program). The school is growing fast and so is Mobile's economy. Also, we are not that far at all from Pensacola. Nonetheless, NOLA is a much more populated city.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya, they have another store opening up north. Just bums me out that we have New Orleans, Gulfport-Biloxi, Mobile and Pensacola all within 2 hours of each other and the closest store is the two near Birmingham or the in Little Rock. I just wish I knew why they won't put a store down here.

Oh and thank you for the link :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.