my first mac...shipping time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
Sorry if this sounds a like stupid question...but I ordered my 15" macbook pro on Sept 2nd and it gave me a ship date of Sept 13-18...and it still hasn't shipped. Does anyone know the reason for it taking so long? I'm reading threads on here of people getting them in about a week. I did upgrade the hard drive to 160gb@7200 rpm so I'm thinking that is why

ah well...hopefully my first mac ships tomorrow :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
^^ If there's one thing I've learned perusing these forums during my pre-purchase research, it's that Apple's shipping is sub par in the extreme. I wish I had better news for you. If you can, next time it might be a better idea to go to an Apple Store.

Reaction score
I was told by a guy at apple on Wednesday that it does take longer when you add to the original specs.

My MBP was delivered on time but I had no add-ons or changes in specification.

Additionally, I"ve been told by nearly everyone I've spoken to at Apple that there's a "worldwide shortage" of 15" MBPs at the moment. It's quite funny - I'd tell them what I was after and that look of concern would spread across their face.

So that could well have something to do with it as well.

Reaction score
Don't worry about it, i ordered a stock configured 20" iMac on the 13th and the shipping date isn't until the 9th of October,

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm happy to report that Apple has updated my MBP's status from "not shipped yet" to "prepared for shipment" ...so I'm hoping I wake up and see a tracking #

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
What is even more confusing is I orderd a refurbished MBP from one of my staff and it won't ship for 2 weeks. I asd them if the item was on site and I was told yes, so why the wait? Ah, we don't know. Hmmm?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is even more confusing is I orderd a refurbished MBP from one of my staff and it won't ship for 2 weeks. I asd them if the item was on site and I was told yes, so why the wait? Ah, we don't know. Hmmm?

very odd...when are you supposed to be getting it?

My MBP shipped out this morning and says it will arrive on Friday. Of course, it comes on the day that I work until midnight! That's going to be a longgggggggg night

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Same thing happened with my iMac. As soon as you enter the realm of "custom configuration" it will take substantially longer, although my iMac did ship by the ship date I was originally quoted.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
Apparently I am in the minority. I ordered my macbook with a couple extras and it shipped the next day and arrived 3 days before it was expected. Ordered on a Wednesday, got it on a Monday. I guess it was not a high demand product (macbook black, 2.16, 2GB RAM).

I did add software as well, I don't know if that delays shipping as much as hardware add-ons.

Reaction score
I just ordered a MBP 17" with many custom settings and software, it arrived the following week two days PRIOR to the FedEx expected arrival date. So pleased. Go figure. I did request the two-day shipping option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
very odd...when are you supposed to be getting it?

My MBP shipped out this morning and says it will arrive on Friday. Of course, it comes on the day that I work until midnight! That's going to be a longgggggggg night

I called in again to see why there is such a lag in shipping a refurb unit and the person I spoke with made a call, upgraded the shipping to overnight for free and it is supposed to be delivered today before 3:00 pm. Can't beat that!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
Wow, Dillinger-63, that's great! Good thing you called! Obviously, there was a mistake made. I can just imagine the conversation.

"Hi, I've got someone on the phone looking for this computer."
"Oh crap, I think this is it right here!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 2.4Ghz, intel core 2 duo.
well ma order status changed from preparred for shipment to shipped ystdae nd i chekd fedex 4 tracking and its bin on "Package data transmitted to FedEx" ever since and dats not funny...lol....hopfully it shud b here by 2mao cus i seriously cant wait.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.