Windows XP or Vista? on my macbook

Reaction score
So I need to buy a windows OS so I can run parallel on my macbook, which system should I pick? XP or Vista? Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
xp all the way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would go with XP. Even with 2 GB of RAM on my MBP, Vista still bogs down my system when I run it virtually.

Reaction score
Still haven't tried Vista, not even on my PC.

By the looks of it you can just tell it's a resource muncher.
This is becoming a Microsoft trend, even with their textbooks.

The way I see it, what can Vista do that XP can't do. If it's just flashy bells and whistles then it's not worth my time installing.

I've asked around and many say Vista is full of bugs, which isn't surprising since it's such a new operating system. Give Microsoft some time to patch it up with a service pack, since they don't believe doing things right the first time is a good idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I'd go with XP as well... OSX is by no means a lightweight OS in and of itself, adding Vista on top of it... ugh.

Reaction score
XP.

I have not bothered with Vista yet - either for my PC or my MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
I'd go with XP as well... OSX is by no means a lightweight OS in and of itself, adding Vista on top of it... ugh.

Windows XP is not basket of fruits either... Its a heavy piece too... but when comparing it with Vista... it performs alot better...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
XP seems to have moch more effort put in to actually running it on Parallels/Bootcamp. That's the primary reason I chose it to run on my MB. Additionally, since MB's have the integrated graphics, I figured running a heavy graphics app like Vista, in addition to OS X, and everything else I usually run, was just asking for trouble. Besides, I only run XP every 2 weeks to fill in my employer's timesheet application which is a proprietary Windows-only application.
-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
XP Totally owns Vista for PCs, Macs AND virtual machines. Do not use Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
On a personal note, I would think that one of the reasons I switched to Mac was because of Windows and its vast errors... and you will not find me putting Windows on a Mac. But if I had to say which of the Windows is the best, I would have said that 2000 professional was the best that Microsoft ever made...

But now since XP has had a good run, its pretty easy to see that it exceeds my expectations sometimes....

My question is.... why are you planning to go in for something new and buggy as Vista is?? ... use something that tried and tested. Go for XP...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.