Woo Hoo!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
Yay! I finally got my new iMac, too!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered it last Sunday morning (the 9th) and it got here in only 6 working days! Three days before Apple's earliest date, and one day before FedEx's delivery date. Shipped from Shanghai on Wednesday, and by Monday morning, it was in Winnipeg! Woo Hoo! I'm glad I live close to the city!!

My first fave thing? Lo-ove the screen! This thing is so big, and it's only a 20", but I had a 17" before, so it's still quite an improvement!

First con? The way-too-short keyboard cord. I have to string it up through the front of my desk. I wonder if there's extensions for these?? Anyone?? On the up-side, the typing is very quiet!! Shhh.

My son is very upset about iMovie. He's pouting as I type this. He's upset about "the effect button" not being there, and is worried about his AMV's. We are going to have to figure it out.

I will be here at Switcher's a bit, I bet!:D

Reaction score
Congrats! :D

I am waiting a bit due to Leopard hopefully coming out in before too long. I just don't want to learn one OS and then right around and have to do it (almost) all again.

The keyboard concerns me also, as I have one of those pull-out keyboard trays on my desk, so a wireless one probably wouldn't work and I'll need a longer cord as well. My current one is really stretched to the limit and I'd like to avoid that. Although I MIGHT have room on the desk for a wireless one.

Although, for my online business, I really do prefer the numeric keypad as I'm so used to using it. It still seems strange that they didn't include it on the wireless one. Perhaps for portability?

WHY do most manufacturers make connecting cords so short? Hope someone comes and helps!

Have fun, I can't wait! I'll no doubt join you in driving the board bonkers!;D

Reaction score
I'm nearly there.

I ordered mine on 6 Sep but my foolish bank decided not to let the payment through, meaning that the actual order wasn't dispatched until last Wed. *fume*

I'd been told by numerous apple resellers that ordering a MBP 15" would mean waiting until at least November, so I ordered it expecting it to come with a free leopard upgrade. So I was a little surprised to see that it had been delivered this morning at 8.30am while I was at work! Alas I have to wait until Thurs now for the next delivery!

I'm not mad though. Although I am a little bit with the advice I've been given because I was looking forward to my free leopard upgrade! But still very very happy indeed! (Or at least I will be on Thursday!)

I just need to look into books now since I've no idea how to even go about working a Mac and I want to be able to really get into it.

Reaction score
Well, of course, too obvious, wasn't it?

Thanks, I'll look for one over here. No doubt handy to have anyway.

And JamesyD - congrats to you as well. Hopefully we'll all be fast learners. Though with my silly question about the cord, maybe not. ;D

OP
smallvillefan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2GB/320GB
That's so funny. I just finished saying "I've never heard of a USB extension cord". I'll definitely need one. I have a pull-out tray for my keyboard, and my desk has a built-in monitor stand, so there's no room for short cords.

I figured out the Front Row and remote, it's soo cool. Listening to my music right now.

Congrats, JamesyD. I wanted to wait until Leopard, too. But I couldn't wait. You know how you say "I can't wait to get my new mac"? Well, I really couldn't wait.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.