• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Rudy's push

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
to save America

image001.jpg@01C7F905.jpeg

Reaction score
Giuliani is not going to save america, he's just going to further divide the country and bomb more sovereign nations that have posed no threat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
LMAO!!! That's excellent. Almost brought tears to my eyes. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That was a good laugh, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Nice little PS fun, no matter who you're backing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Now if only there was a third person pushing them both.... ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Now if only there was a third person pushing them both.... ;P

Or better yet, a bulldozer pushing all the politicians.;D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i don't like her, but i find that in bad taste at best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Or better yet, a bulldozer pushing all the politicians.;D

I'm inclined to agree with this...get rid of them all...and let's start fresh with new people. We need a Washington DC Reset button. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video (30GB). iPhone 3G 8GB. 13" Unibody MacBook 2.4ghz.
I'm inclined to agree with this...get rid of them all...and let's start fresh with new people. We need a Washington DC Reset button. :p

It's sad to admit, but it is oh so true :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I find it funny that so many people seem to think that this attitude is new. It's been going on for over 200 years. People always bemoan the poor quality and characteristics of those in power and always wish they could start fresh. It's the nature of the system.

There were people who would have told you that Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln, Grant, Wilson, Hoover, Roosevelt (either one) Ike, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Regan or any number of others were going to send the country right down the toilet. Yet here we are, still complaining about it and still not down the toilet.

With a track record like that, I actually have faith in the system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The real problem IMHO is money. It takes money to get elected. The higher up you go, the more money you need. To get that money, you have to submit to big businesses and special interest groups. So if you want to get to the presidency, you have to give up working for the people a little and work for those who give you money to compete.

There's 2 ways of fixing this, either the common people have to out donate the businesses and interest groups (for you complainers, how much have you given?) or we need to take money out of the equation. I think we need to find ways to take money out of the picture. We need free web space, television time, meeting/convention space for candidates and a hundred other ways for candidates can be heard without giving in to the major contributors. It won't guarantee better candidates, but it'll be a lot better than our current system.

Also, it can't all be blamed on candidates. Last I checked, it's the people who make the vote. This country is just not engaged in the political process enough and too uninformed. People don't know squat about the politicians or what's going on. Here's a couple good sites for information for starters:

http://www.politifact.com

http://www.factcheck.org

Reaction score

Amen - in 2008 lets "clean the house (and Senate)" and start fresh. Reading of the documents by our founding fathers indicate they did not want professional politicians - but citizens who served for awhile and then went back to their business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Amen - in 2008 lets "clean the house (and Senate)" and start fresh. Reading of the documents by our founding fathers indicate they did not want professional politicians - but citizens who served for awhile and then went back to their business.

This is basically what Thomas Paine says in "Common Sense." Smart man that Tom Paine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

While I don't necessarily disagree with you I will say that the Constitution was intended to be a "living" document, not a static one. What we have may not be what was intended at the time but the system has evolved, for better or worse, to fit our needs. What the original framers envisioned didn't work all that well at the time it was written and was simply a compromise they all could live with, hence the flexibility. They may not have wanted "professional" politicians, but there were plenty of them in their time. Compared to what we have now it may not appear so, but few ever really left politics once they entered even after they "retired" and much the same is true today.

This thread has gone off on a tangent, but at least it didn't descend into a silly political firestorm as I feared it would.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Wow, this started out as a joke and has now turned into a serious political discussion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that's typical, but nice to see some people passionate (maybe too much?) about politics instead of completely apathetic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Wow, this started out as a joke and has now turned into a serious political discussion.

Not a bad thing.

I didn't laugh at the picture though. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have laughed if it was the other way around either. Good conversation starter though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video (30GB). iPhone 3G 8GB. 13" Unibody MacBook 2.4ghz.
that's typical, but nice to see some people passionate (maybe too much?) about politics instead of completely apathetic.

Amen, apathy is a killer. So is mediocrity

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.