A Few more Questions

Reaction score
Just thought I would ask a few more questions to see if you guys can help me out before my iMac arrives :)

1). is the “1GB 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300 memory module” available on crucial.com/uk perfectly compatible with the new edition iMac or will I have to wait until my iMac arrives and check the manual/system to see which it takes?

2). Does anyone know where I can purchase a 250GB MyBook Pro external hard drive in the UK? Also is this a reliable and high quality drive or should I look else where?

3). Does the iMac come with speakers? Or are they built in to the display? Also what quality are the speaker and are they very loud or should I look to buy some else where, what do you guys think of a Bose system?

4). How good are the USB ports on the keyboard, because my old PC had a keyboard with USB ports on it but my DSLR camera was unable to connect to them due to something to do with power, I cant remember what the exact problem was, also how many peripherals will the iMac allow before it cant support any more?

5). what are the applications included in iLife’08 and will it ship with my new iMac?

6). Apple TV…. What’s the point?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
1) Yes.

3) The speakers are exceptionally nice. They however lack bass. But I must say they are quite decent. I have watched many movies on those speakers when I could very well transfer it to my PC with Logitech Z5500..

4) The USB ports on the keyboard are not very powerful. They are 1.1 (maybe the new iMac keyboard has 2.0?) and a device requiring a lot of power like those high speed pen drives don't work. I always use the ports at the back.

5) iPhoto, iDVD, Garageband, iMovie, iWeb and yes, they ship with the iMac.

6) hehehe...

Reaction score
apple tv is not worth it i dont think if i ever wanted to watch movies or watch a dvd or listen to music. i would use front row. Apple tv is a waste of money.

Also that it only plays stuff from itunes even more of a rip off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well its very convenient to watch music and movies off your mac on your widescreen TV. Its only its lack of codec support (without hacks) that gets in the way of this otherwise great device...

OP
S
Reaction score
Well its very convenient to watch music and movies off your mac on your widescreen TV. Its only its lack of codec support (without hacks) that gets in the way of this otherwise great device...

In the UK we only have a handful of TV shows available, no movies, and then obviously the music so it isn’t really a great device for the UK market

Anyone got any opinions on external hard drives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
the new apple keyboards have got USB 2 on them no USB 1.1, so that means that more things will work with it without the message about not enough power coming up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah. I knew I had seen somewhere that the new keyboards had usb 2.0...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
My high speed USB memory stick works fine on the iMac Keyboard USB ports.

Also used my Sony Cybershot camera on them and my Canon Pixma printer with no difficulties.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it should work fine even on a 1.1 port. It has its own power/batteries right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.