Ordered today...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a 30 gig iPod today. I figured for a $100 more I get double the space, and I probably won't need anything bigger than that. As formats keep getting better, the file sizes will get smaller, so I figure I am safe. Plus I will have a pretty good size firewire drive to transport stuff :)

Compressed all my CD's into AAC, which took 2 days, and it came out to about 6 gig at 128K. Now I just gotta figure out what I am gonna do with my MP3's that I don't have CD's for. I am gonna try to convert them to AAC and see what the quality is like.

Also, I bought THIS (outdated link removed) to be able to hook it up to my truck's stereo.

So I think I am all set. Oh yeah, I also need to get one of THESE so I can charge it on the go. But this is not a priority, as I don't think I will be taking any 6 hour trips anytime soon.

WooHoo! That is all I can say :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm jealous now ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
congrats! also i am very jealous :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
If only I could get mine sold and get one. I'm green with envy.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
Emrys
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
It shipped yesterday, and I ordered it 2 day, so I should be getting it tommorow.

I think I will make a trip to CompUsa when I get it before I open it. For like $60 they have something called a Technology Assurance Program, which means that if it breaks, or if anything happens to it, I would get it replaced instantly with the same or better product. So for 2 years, it is really worth it. Supposedly a lot of the stores let you "trade up" for new iPods without ever having to prove anything is wrong with it. They just let you walk in with an old one, and walk out with a new.

Even if you can't really "trade up", the replacement part of it is awesome. From what I've heard, the iPod are very prone to breaking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.