Canadian switcher :)

Reaction score
So I've been using Linux exclusively on PCs for the past 10 years... I've been in photography business for about 6 years now (I'm a photographer) and Linux is a known pain when it comes to 10MB RAW image files and editing...

I also have a Photoshop 7 license for a PC - used that on my Windows partition most of the time... But then decided to switch to Macs - they're faster with the same specs for graphics and pretty looking. I really like pretty things :)

But long story short, I now bought a MacBook and fell in love with it from the moment I opened the box - Apple does a pretty darn good job at packing things...

Well, I think my next purchase is going to be an iMac and Aperture..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Have you looked at Lightroom? I've used both, and prefer Lightroom, you might want to take a look at a few of the comparisons of them. Plus you can get 30day demos for each to try and see which you prefer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
macworld's june or july issue (can't remember which) has a great comparison of lightroom and aperture. if you can get your hands on the issue :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
andrew.shalin, welcome to the wonderful world of Macs! I am sure you will enjoy any new Mac you purchase.

As a Linux user, you may benefit from my Linux to Mac Switcher' Guide, a switcher's guide aimed squarely at Linux switchers. See:

http://www.campbell-tx.net/MacOSX/Linux2Mac/linux2mac.html

It may be of some help.

OP
A
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for that website. I've been working with Mac OSX for a few years as well, so I know my way around pretty well now. Although there are some things you learn every day :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.