Can anyone help me....?

J

Joeytpg

Guys, i'm having trouble viewing a few videos from internet........

for example if you go here:

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=3206

click the "click here for video" link..........you'll get a windows, in which you can choose to view the video using Windows Media Player, or Real Player....... in my case, i prefer Win. Media Player.......but when i click so view it, i get a Safari windows with this message:

"Some content on this page requires an Internet plug-in that Safari doesn’t support. The application “Windows Media Player” may be able to display this content."

i have Windows Media Player 9 for MAC, and i've watched other videos using my win Media player for mac before, but this time i'm having trouble..........what do you think it's wrong?

i know it's a little bit uncomfortable, to help me, because you have to enter the website i gave you, and click the link to see the video, jsut to see what i'm talking about............but PLEASE if someone out there can really really help me with this i'd apretiate it SO MUCH!....since i watch a lot of videos like this.....and i didn't use to have problems viewing them on my PC.........

so maybe i need a plug in but i dont know which one.....

so can anyone give me a hand PLEASE! :(

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
(Little pet peve of mine: Don't say MAC, because it's not right, say 'Mac', because it is. :))

Right, going on subject. I tried using IE to view it, no help. I get a different error message, in an OS 9 type box, saying it cannot find the file.

Maybe if you download it and try VLC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You need to remap how Safari deals with that file type. Another way is by just downloading it to your hard drive and then opening it in whatever program you feel like :)

OP
J

Joeytpg

couple questions...

1) what's VLC?

2) How can i remap ?

i tried downloading it and NOTHING! :(

someone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I see you don't like Real (and after using the Windows version of their player, I can understand why) but I do have RealOnePlayer for OS X, and that link works fine for me(Safari, 10.2)

Real on the Mac is a lot less annoying than the adware-infested Windows version.

OP
J

Joeytpg

i'm downloading the realOneplayer as i type................i hope i can view it :D

OP
M

Matt

I have RealOne Player for Windows, but it came with my computer, so maybe that's why it's not infested with ad's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quicktime > Windows Media > Real

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.