oh my god..what i've done :( :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
oh my god..what have i done :( :'(

hello guys..its me again..
i think i broke down my mbp this time..
i tried to install winxp via bootcamp and i succeed..but after i booted up with xp i inserted the drivers disk which my mbp burned earlier on bootcamp but windows said it needed a newer version of installer and on that moment i decided to uninstall it of course...problems even before i started to work on windows..
anyway i turned back to mac os and deleted windows via bootcamp and since than my mbp sarts up in 50 seconds..it really makes me feel down..cuz before i installed windows it was booting up in 15-20 seconds..
what happened??did bootcamp deleted sth else??
or is it bill gates' curse??
and i didnt install anything else since then i mean it couldnt be because of installing more applications and also i didnt put sth on my hd..
help please..thanxx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Try uninstalling boot camp all together and completely delete the windows partition it created. If this doesn't work then you, in all likely hood, did catch the Bill Gate's curse.:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Also try this. Open System Preferences, Startup Disk and click on the OSX drive and click restart. See if that speeds up finding the boot drive. It's worked for me in the past.

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
Also try this. Open System Preferences, Startup Disk and click on the OSX drive and click restart. See if that speeds up finding the boot drive. It's worked for me in the past.

thank you so much..really thank you a million..:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
after i did what you told me to do,it took it 15 secs to start up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.