Yellow Dog Linux Opinion

A

anarkhy 17

For the past few months I have been dual booting Mac OS X and Yellow Dog Linux. While i though Terra Soft did a great job porting Red Hat 9.0 to the Mac, i found it pointless to have linux for the mac :confused: when you have a great OS that is running off of the same base kernel that Linux uses, i just don't see the point.... what i am trying to say is what made terra soft want to port Linux to the Mac??? :eek: don't get me wrong because i think YDL is an exceptional Distro. :)

OP
F

flonejek

Most likeley becaues mac os9 and earlier didn't support opensource *nix software (which is quite handy when native apps don't fit the bill), and also because mac on liux lets your run os X through yellow dog at 99.8% of native speed so its like the best of both worlds I guess. And there are those of us who believe information should be free, and who are staunchly against any proprietary software, however great it might be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.