accessing windows only compatible sites with Mac

Reaction score
I'm having trouble accessing a chat room. It never works with Macs (mine or friends') but it works perfectly with Windows. If I get virtual PC for Mac, will this allow me to gain access to sites that are only compatible with Windows?

Thanks

Albert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir
Yes, but have you tried any other browsers? Firefox usually works with sites Safari doesn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
In never heard of a Windows Only website. It's probably the browser you are using. What browser are you using on your Mac and what browser are you using on your PC?

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm using Firefox, but I tried it with Internet Explorer and Safari neither of which worked. On the PC I used Internet Explorer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are a few sites out there which require IE 6 or higher on a Windows machine in order to log in and/or to function properly after log in. For the most part they are specialty / members only sites. Have one we use at work - requires Win and IE 6.

But, when having issues with a specific site - it would help to know a) what is the site, b) have you read their documentation to determine that indeed it will not work on any other browser?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.