photoshop cs3 performance

Reaction score
new mac user from pc...

i want to use photoshop cs3 for my mac pro desk 2.66ghz with 1 gig of ram(upgrade later), all standard from apple...no upgrades yet

can i use a window photoshop cs3 ver and use say paralles or vmware fusion etc or get a cs3 mac version instead?

what is the best performance? anyone tried both methods?
thanks
phat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
I would stick with getting Mac version of CS3.
CS3 running under Parallels or Fusion -WILL- be much slower than running it natively, so I do not recommend going down that route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Isn't it possible to get a (big) discount on a Mac CS3 purchase when you already have CS3 for windows? It should be anyway, imo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz (Aluminum)
running it with parallels should work fast.... or you can get the app for the mac... your call.... I think parallels is cheaper than say buying photoshop all over again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Isn't it possible to get a (big) discount on a Mac CS3 purchase when you already have CS3 for windows? It should be anyway, imo.

In fact, you can do a direct transfer of license. For the cost of the media, Adobe will send you the version for the Mac platform. So, if you have PC CS3, you can call their 1-800 number and exchange it for Mac CS3... or at least you could last year, with CS2. I did just that, exchanging my PC CS2 for Mac CS2.

Adobe will send you a form which you have to fill out and return, stipulating and committing that you have destroyed the original PC version. When they receive the form back, they will mail out the new Mac version. There is a charge for the media and the shipping, but it was nothing like the charge for a fresh CS2 license!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.