• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Buying In the Glasgow Apple Store UK

Reaction score
Hi

I am a student at a university in Britain and would like to buy a MacBook using the student discount as a birthday present for someone.

How do I go about this in store, do I have to fill out forms or do I just show my student card and hand over the money?

Will the product and support for it be registered in my name and not the person I am buying for?

Thanks

Reaction score
I am off to uni on Sunday and got my Macbook two weeks ago. All I had to bring to the shop was an acceptence letter from the uni. Your student card will be ok to use though. As for the support/registration, you could ring the store you will be buying it from and ask them or ask them when you go to buy it. Hope this helps.

OP
R
Reaction score
hi

did you have to fill out any forms when you were there or did you just show your letter and buy it sealed?

Reaction score
No I did'nt have to fill in any forms. I just handed my letter in and that was that. Brand new sealed Macbook with iworks and applecare. Of course there was the little matter of my dad handing the guy the money. Good deal though, got about £100 off. Your friend is lucky getting a Macbook as a present!!

OP
R
Reaction score
there's a few of us putting money towards it. its not just me paying for it.:)

how much did u get yours for?

Reaction score
Without the discount the Macbook was £829. However with the discount and iworks and applecare it was £826. Looking at it now it was a really really good deal!!

OP
R
Reaction score
i think thats a typo otherwise you're just have a very sarcastic good sense of humour :D

Reaction score
Seriously, £826.69 is what i've got down on the reciept. I don't know if that is correct though as my dad paid for it and would know the correct price. £826.69 is the total on the reciept though. I should also point out that I got the second spec up Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i just ordered mine off the phone. sent my GCSE results and got the education discount. - some sort of proof that your still in education

Reaction score
cool! Which one did you get? Is it your first Apple computer? The one I got was the first Mac I have ever got. Really love it !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I know someone going to school in Glasgow.

OP
R
Reaction score
i just ordered mine off the phone. sent my GCSE results and got the education discount. - some sort of proof that your still in education

Ah right. I presumed that the discount only applied to Uni Students, it says on the website that you have to be over 18 to get the discount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.