Finally Got Through!

Reaction score
After trying to get through to the Apple Store via Phone for the last hour or so I finally got through and spoke to someone across the pond (love the American accent btw!), he was very helpful and I couldn’t be more excited about finally getting my Mac (this must sound sad since I’m 21 years old!).

I ended up going for a 20” 2.4GHz iMac, iPod Touch and Apple Care, which came in at a total of £1093 which I thought was a bargain especially since I will also get another £85 rebate once my iPod ships at the end of September, which means I can put that extra money towards either another 1GB stick of RAM and an External Hard Drive… or maybe both!

The strange part is ever since Leopard was announced I had waited and waited and waited to order once it was released fearing that if I ordered before I would be wasting money, but strangely enough having to buy leopard in the future is the least of my concerns, I’m just happy to know that my new “baby” will be with me in the next 3-7 working days and that the iMac or iPod Touch wont have a major update next week!!

Thanks to everyone here who has answered my questions and helped me make my decision, you guys really are a friendly forum and I’m sure I’ll spend just as much time here once my Mac arrives, just look for the HELP threads , I hope I will love my Mac as much as you guys love yours and I can’t wait for the fun to begin!

Thanks Again!
/Ste

P.S - iMac + Apple Care + iPod Touch for £1008 after rebate!

P.P.S - Sorry about that i just cant get over how cheap it was!

Reaction score
I wish I lived in UK or US at times, just for cheap electronics! :(

Gratz...I still am waiting for Leopard.

OP
S
Reaction score
I wish I lived in UK or US at times, just for cheap electronics! :(

Gratz...I still am waiting for Leopard.

I wouldn’t say we get cheap electronics in the UK, normally we pay over the odds for everything

Also i noticed that my delivery date isnt until the 9th of October, which is a joke :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I wouldn’t say we get cheap electronics in the UK, normally we pay over the odds for everything

Also i noticed that my delivery date isnt until the 9th of October, which is a joke :(

Did you customise it?
My friends one came in 3/4 of a day where as mine took about 2 weeks because it was despatched from china

OP
S
Reaction score
Did you customise it?
My friends one came in 3/4 of a day where as mine took about 2 weeks because it was despatched from china

My iMac is just the standard one available, no changes what so ever so I can’t understand why it wouldn’t ship sooner, they wouldn’t hold it until the iPod Touch was available would they?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
My iMac is just the standard one available, no changes what so ever so I can’t understand why it wouldn’t ship sooner, they wouldn’t hold it until the iPod Touch was available would they?

Maybe they will ship it with Leopard?

Amen-Moses

OP
S
Reaction score
Maybe they will ship it with Leopard?

Amen-Moses

Nah i don't think so, leopard wont be out until the 31st of October or maybe ever very early November, but i might be eligible for a free copy of leopard if i phone apple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.