Youtube Videos/Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
Hi people ,

I was wondering ... I'm sure all of you know how to download inbedded video content from sites like Youtube and Google Videos where you can't just right click and download the file.

In Safari, you just go to Windows--) Activity .. and when the Activity window pops up, 9 times out of 10, the largest file is the video, double click and it downloads .. then rename it as a .flv extension and use VLC to play it ( got a whole library of videos that way!)

I know there's software available to do the same thing, how is this done in Firefox, and can it be done in IE and other browsers, or its a Safari thing?

P.S-- if you never heard of this and didn;t get it, lemme know ill walk u thru it

Reaction score
The big question is, are you able to synchronise them with an iPod video and watch them on the move? Because if you can then that’s awesome!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
To play download youtube videos, they need to be converted to a compatible ipod format .. there is a free site which encodes youtube videos to ipod-ready format which you can download and transfer to your ipod ... its www.vixy.net

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
Another site you can do the same thing is www.vconvert.net -- just paste the youtube url and click Mac (.mov) and it'll convert and let you download the ipod ready video -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.