• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

1 year and counting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Just want to say I've had my 1st gen. white macbook for 1 year now and it's working like a charm. No re-installs, or re-formats of anything and still starts up in 25 seconds :).

Go Apple!

(and of course knock on wood that nothing does happen by my jinxing :p)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
That's what I love - no re-formats (as you said).

I've been so accustomed to reformat with my Window PCs that I feel like I should for my MB. My friend has that same habit, he actually reformatted just today... no real reason.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
mine will be one year in about a week.

i did have to get the superdrive replaced, but the apple store in the mall of america was easy to work with and got it back to me fast.

other than that, no problems. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.