"Product Review" Sticky?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I'm not sure if this has been submitted or not, but...

I was thinking of a section for product reviews. It'd be nice to condense all of the user opinions in one thread. By doing this, it seems that the newer forum members or those that are just browsing can collectively view our opinions on a product without having to jump all around the forum/threads/posts.

Now, I realize that there are millions of products available (I say we should not limit this to Apple products only)... but the way I think we could implement this is that if a member wants to write a review for a product, but is NOT listed, that person can create a thread for it and begin to write their own review on whatever the product happens to be.

When users want to see if a product has been discussed, they can do an advanced search in this sub-forum for the product they want more information on.

You may be thinking that this is very similar to the review/comment sections located in websites such as Newegg, Amazon, Buy.com, etc. In a way, yes it is very similar. Actually, it's the same idea. :p

The sub-forum would look something like:

• MacBook (users would specify their own specs in post)
  • MacBook Pro (users would specify their own specs in post)
  • iPod Nano (users specify HD capacity in post)
  • Apple Cinema Display 30"
  • Apple Cinema Display 23"
  • Dell E228WFP 22" Widescreen Monitor
  • HP Photosmart xxxx
  • Logitech S510 Wireless Keyboard / Mouse Combo
  • etc...

I dunno, just a suggestion. It's up to you guys for a decision. This might also draw people from elsewhere, who do searches for product reviews on the major search engines.

Your inputs/opinions?

PS - I named this thread incorrectly, actually only the "Sticky?" part. None of the products will be stickied.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey :)

We used to have a section for user created reviews but I beleive it got taken back down since there was never really enough posts for it.

Perhaps with the recent amount of new memebers, there could be a new use for this section but that will be decided by admin/mods :)

~~ TS ~~

OP
DoubleCap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Oh, I see.

Perhaps to encourage members to post about their product, we could provide them a few reputation points (depending on the quality of the review).

Who knows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
The rep system is something which is often made the focus of attention when perhaps it shouldnt be, with that in mind again i dont think the mods will go for this.

All this said, perhaps not an entire forum but a decent sticky thread with ONLY reviews in (e.g remove all non review posts) could be REALLY helpful and something worth while doing.

Just my suggestion :)

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.