New Imac Day one...bare with me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Brushed aluminum type Imac :)
Okay guys I feel like such a noob this is the first Mac ive ever personally owned ive used a few here and there but only for brief times. I was slowly but surely getting sick of PC's and their endless problems so I decided to make the switch so far Im happy I love my new 20" Imac.

I just have a quick question Im hoping you guys can help me out. I am an American citizen but I am stationed in Germany my Imac is a US version but when I get on to Itunes to create an account it insists on showing me the German Itunes store and I can not find a way to set it to the US store. I am not fluent in German as well and its coming up in German with no english to choose from (other then the applications menu bar) My ISP is a German company and I can understand why it would make this assumption I just want to revert the settings back to US.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to learning more about this amazing Mac from you guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
At the bottom of the iTunes store homepage, there should be a combo-box from which you can select your country. See the attached image.

Choose Country.png

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got it I was really tired I dont know why that was so hard. So here is one more issue im having I take classes online but so far the website for my school and my online banking website is not working is there another browser I could use or some kind of setting I need to change?

one of the websites will not show up at all and the other for school when I login it hangs up on the checking browser status portion and never moves.

The banking website is www.servicecu.org if any of you guys could try that out I would appreciate it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Try Firefox or Opera. Safari sometimes has issues on some (very few, to be fair) sites.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tried firefox same issue??? and I just checked on my pc laptop the website is in full working order..argghhh I was hoping this transistion would be painless but so far its a bit annoying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd blame the site, to be honest, if it's hanging at a "checking browser" message. Try Opera, and change the settings (in Site Preferences) to tell it to identify as Internet Explorer.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no but see the issue is I have a PC laptop and im using both sites right now with no issues at all...I will try the opera thing and report back thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
changing the site preferences did not work still the same. Are you guys able to open and view that site or is it just me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just viewed www.servicecu.org and got as far as the banking login screen without any problems, using the latest Opera.

To be frank, this is a website recommending Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer "for security reasons" - I would still say the problem is with the site, but if you're having trouble viewing what I just did then it must be something else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
I just viewed the site fine with Safari 2.0.4.. I'm not sure what problem you're having.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Firefox user here and i seem to be able to view it without any problems :|

~~ TS ~~

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im not sure either I have a brand new imac I havent changed any internet settings at all and Ive tried all 3 browsers I got my school page to work which is most important and ive also found out that I can bypass the homepage and go directly to the login portion of my bank site but for some odd reason www.servicecu.org is not loading up at all on any of the browsers??? I guess its trivial for now but im wondering what other sites I may come across that wont work..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Of course I can not login because it's not my bank, but I can go to that site www.servicecu.org in Safari, Opera, Firefox and Camino on my Mac running the latest OSX. I don't know what is up on your end as it works here.

How is your iMac connected to the internet? With Wifi? Wired?

Any routers involved?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wifi dsl yes I have a wireless router/modem combo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz CD 2 GB RAM, 23" Samsung HDTV/Monitor , JBL Creature II, Apple Xbox 360,
works fine on safari for me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.