• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple stores that accpet payal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Does anyone know of any apple sellers that accept paypal, besides new egg?

I'm really P.O'd at paypal, with their nazi way's of business. Limitations are BS!

I was going to be purchasing a new iMac from apple by the end of the week, but I can't because, I don't have a CC. I was going to use some one else's and pay them from what's in my paypal, by sending the funds to me via a check. But of course, there is a barrier. Paypal only allows $500 to be transfered out of the account a month, which really sucks!

So, I'm pretty much forced to either, transfer 500 and wait until next month and then transfer 500 more, and then wait another month and transfer another 500 and then buy the imac, or purchase from another place and totally kill off the student discount.

So anyways, what all places accept paypal? because I want to purchase soon, I'm tired of waiting.

I know newegg takes PP, powermax,OWC,Macmall, Smalldog, don't.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Going to an actual Apple store and paying cash. Best Buy sells Macs. There are a few retailers that sell Macs.
My employer takes Paypal. We take personal checks as well, even COD's. We sell all Mac versions but at the same price you will find at the Apple store. I don't know if we offer the student discount but call and ask. We might though. I don't work in sales so I do not know all the specifics.
-Peace

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rad, I'll check it out. The student discounts aren't a huge deal to me, i just want my imac hahaha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Open a checking account that gives you a Visa CheckCard/Debit MasterCard and use that. Probably would take too long to use tomorrow, but generally a useful thing to have if you don't do the credit card thing.

(Shop carefully...some of them have limits, too.)

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah,

When I last had a job, I was on the verge of opening one and getting a card with a limit, kind of a checking card or something. But then I got canned the week I was going to open the account and buy a white imac (intel) Ironic, kinda. I'm a little apprehensive about having a card. I'm afraid I'll get in over my head with a debt, because I'd see something I know i can't pay for, but i'd charge it.

Right now, I'm unemployed, I can't get a job anywhere around here, I keep getting screwed over by potential employers, it's really insane. Jobs are scarce around here. But yeah, I think it's only 50 ish to open a checking account at my bank, so I might do it soon. It would be nice to be able to take those limits off of paypal, and to be able to dump my money into the bank when I feel like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
There are loads of banks that don't really have a fee to open an account. Just be weary of banks that will wait until you have a certain balance and then deduct money for printing your checks.

Wachovia and Bank of America are both basically free to open checking accounts, from what I remember.

If you are in the military (or if you are a dependent, that counts as well I believe), USAA is the best bank that I've ever worked with.

Ghostshadow, if you get a checking account that comes with a check card, understand that it isn't a "Credit card". Every time that you use the thing, it deducts the money immediately from your account. Be weary of credit cards though :p

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah yeah, I guess I didn't mean check card. I was meant more of a debit, thanks for the tips! :-D

Reaction score
And just so you know, having credits cards is actually good.

It builds up your credit history (rating). If you pay your payments and don't spend so much that you can't pay it back, then your credit rating builds up.

If you don't have credit rating, then you won't be able to buy a car (finance or lease), get a house (mortgage), or get a loan at the bank. Having a simple lowest limit credit card is a great start to build up your credit history. Even if you spend $10/month of the allowed credit and then pay it back, and you do so for a year or so, your credit rating will be sufficient (depends on the bank issuing the credit card) to get most of the things described above (car loan, etc).

Good luck though.. Macs are sexy :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.