College Dilemma: Need a solution for running IE 6.0

Reaction score
Ok Sorry If i sound upset, but here I go. For my math class I have weekly assignments that I have to do online through a online resource called www.coursecompass.com . Heres the problem the online thing only accepts Windows Xp computers Running IE 6.0 with activeX controls. I have tried with firefox, no go.

First, I contacted my School IT department and they said I would be able to get a free copy of windows xp through download from the school server. So I downloaded a copy of WinXpsp2.exe. Going off this Knowledge I ordered Parallels believing that would be my solution. Unfortunately, i was informed that the windows xpsp2 is only an upgrade and not a full OEM. I can not use their software to run bootcamp or use Parallels. I am not asking for information for illegal downloads of XP, but I need some sort of help please! By the way I have an Intel-Based Mac 2.16 GhZ 1.0gb of Ram 120Gb hd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Find out if your school offers any discounts on a Windows license. If not, your best bet would be to pick up an OEM copy from an online retailer such as Newegg. XP Home should run you somewhere in the vicinity of $89

Reaction score
the site seems to work for me...were u able to load the site? or is it a problem when you try to log in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
If the site uses ActiveX then it's Windows-only. You'll need to pick up a non-upgrade SP2 CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You could run IE within OS X by using Crossover...should work fine. And it won't cost you that much...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
My son had the same problem with his online school work we solved it with lthis
http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/deeper.html

If you go to the safari tab and tick the DeBug mode You will get an extra menu in the menu bar in Safari

deeper-20070914-161813.jpg

Follow the drop down menu in Safari to User Agent and choose IE there

It may work it may not it worked for us

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.