Cannot remove Vista partition

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get rid of my vista partition with Boot Camp 1.4. I have tried 4 times and the partition stays there. I booted from the Vista disc and deleted the partition but it still shows up in OSX. I read through the docs provided by Apple and I have only 1 user account on here and no other apps running.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have done some searching and have seen this as an ongoing problem for other people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Did you try to delete the bootcamp partition through the bootcamp assistant? If not, run the assistant (Applications >Utilities > bootcamp assistant) and then select "remove my windows installation" or something like that....

OP
M
Reaction score
Did you try to delete the bootcamp partition through the bootcamp assistant? If not, run the assistant (Applications >Utilities > bootcamp assistant) and then select "remove my windows installation" or something like that....

That is exactly what I did...did this 4 times.

OP
M
Reaction score
Fixed it...updated to 10.4.10 combo update then used boot camp assistant again to blow away the partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.