How to make iPhone play thru car speakers?

Reaction score
I have an older iPod mini and I can plug in my belkin charger, and my aux plug into my aux jack in my car to make my music go thru my speakers of the car. I tried this with the iPhone and it doesn't work, when I hit play it just plays thru the phones speaker.
Any idea what I can do?
Thanks,
Tracy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The plug isn't making contact with the port. The iPhone doesn't accept standard mini plugs because the connection is so deep in the phone. You need a special adapter. They sell the Belkin at the apple store and online. Many other companies sell the same thing.
I have no trouble using my iPhone in the car.
-Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
The plug isn't making contact with the port. The iPhone doesn't accept standard mini plugs because the connection is so deep in the phone. You need a special adapter. They sell the Belkin at the apple store and online. Many other companies sell the same thing.
I have no trouble using my iPhone in the car.
-Peace

x2

My DLO charger/FM transmitter works with my iPhone as well, but I have to have it in Airplane mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
That's pretty much it, you need a plug adapter because the plug isn't going in all the way. I had the same problem with the aux jack in my car.

Also, the Kensington FM Transmitter for iPod works just fine with the iPhone, my wife has one and it sounds great - probably 99% as good as an aux jack in non-congested areas.

OP
C
Reaction score
ok here is what I do.
The belkin charger gets plugged into my car and the iPhone port on the bottom of the phone. The aux plug gets plugged on the base of the charger, and then other end into my cars aux jack.
The phone will charge when it is plugged in this way but it will play the music thru the phone.
Thanks
Tracy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.