Help with PDF

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20"iMac, 2.16ghz dual core
Hi,

I thought I would be able to read PDF files in Preview, but I have tried downloading PDFs from two different websites today and all that happens is that a new window opens and then..... nothing! It won't download the file. Am I doing something wrong, or being impatient, or am I missing some software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
If you using dual button mode , you can just click right mouse button and select from dropped menu ( download linked file ) . Work for me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
almost forgot , i wanted to ask what kind of program can edit PDF files in mac ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
almost forgot , i wanted to ask what kind of program can edit PDF files in mac ?

The full, pay-for version of Acrobat can do some limited editing to PDF files. If you want to go beyond its capabilities, the document will need to be converted to a different format (like Word, for example). Again, the full version of Acrobat can do this, but it is pricey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ohhhh thank you for reply cwa107

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

The whole point of PDF files is to produce a final document that will look exactly the same wherever it is viewed and which cannot easily be edited. If you created the document then you should have the original file to edit, i.e Pages or Word etc.

If someone has given you a PDF file it probably means they don't want you to edit it!

If you know the author or can contact them you could ask if they can send you a copy in an editable format.

(note that if it is just the text you want from the document some versions of Acrobat reader will allow you to copy and paste from a PDF and I think preview allows it as well)

btw, some PDFs are password protected and some have advanced features that the free readers cannot replicate, these files may not open at all or will just give some strange error message.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.