• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm back after 4 weeks without the net!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
Well I moved house last month and realised there was no existing internet access in my flat. Between the various farces conducted by Sky, BT, and Orange it took 4 weeks to get online! No email, no internet radio and no mac-forums for weeks. It was very unsettling lol. I even missed the new ipod announcements.

Went to the new Glasgow Apple store at the weekend with my friend and, much to my surprise, there were beautiful new nano's sitting in the shop! I also tried out the new iMacs. Stunning. For any of you naysayers who doubt the new design and screen (I was one of them), you have to see these machines instore. The 24" blew me away. Really beautiful for viewing photographs and HD video (excepting the mediocre response time). I now want one :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
4 Weeks! That is whack! I openly admit that i'm a net junkie. Need to be able to access the net all day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow - four DAYS and I would be in "net withdrawal"! Amazing you survived! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 4GB 1333MHz 320GB / 60G iPod Touch
4 days without internet access at all?... I won't even imagine how that feels like :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know how it feels. I once went through 3 and a half weeks without Internet access 2 years back. It was like torture... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Dude... that's nuts! When I moved to Kansas this summer temporarily for an internship, I had no internet for 2 days in my apartment. I went nuts. I need my daily source of Digg/E-mail/CNN/etc. I could've done that at work, but I hate the feeling of NOT having internet access.

OP
Craig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
Yeah it's not fun. After a week you are forgetting that you need your daily fix, but you start to realise that you can't do any internet banking, pay bills, even get itunes artwork and track names from gracenote. At least it stopped me buying too many apple products!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Arg! I'm moving into a new apartment for the 1st of October, and there's this stupid situtation I'm in with the only DSL/broadband provider in this area.

It's complicated..

Basically, once I move, the only net I'll be getting is from my cell phone/smartphone (once I get it).

So I'll be leaving the boards for a bit in about 2 weeks. It's gonna suck, because I have no idea how long it'll be before I can get service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I would die. I mean, I would simply combust.

The internet and my cell phone. I would give up pretty much everything else in life to keep these two.

Pretty sad, huh? I am truly a child of my generation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I would die. I mean, I would simply combust.

The internet and my cell phone. I would give up pretty much everything else in life to keep these two.

Pretty sad, huh? I am truly a child of my generation.

I can live without my computer, but take my cell phone and I'm a lost soul.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.