I've been noticing an error in posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I've been noticing what I assume is a software error. It seems to be limited to new users. Once they post or start a thread the post will duplicate itself and post itself again a few hours later, the exact same post. I don't know if this is user or software related...I've seen it at least two times though. I don't know if it was of concern or not though. It didn't seem as though it was done intentionally by the member posting.

If I come across another I will post a link to it in this thread.

-Miles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would have to say it is user related. Most of the time it is because their original thread was posted in a less than ideal forum and subsequently moved.
When they come back and can't find the thread where they originally put it, they simply crosspost it and put the exact same thing in the same incorrect forum as they did the first time.

Another explanation is a simple "double-tap" effect when they hit the Submit button on their new thread and it posts twice. This one isn't intentional.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
True. Never thought about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.