Digital voice recorders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
I'm looking into buying an inexpensive voice recorder to record lectures and other similar stuff. While at target, two caught my eye. They were in my price range, however they did not have any sort of PC connectivity. There were also a couple of usb recorders, however, the price range was out of my budget.

Anyways, is there a way to connect one of those recorders to a pc without the need of a usb connectable one? Preferably inexpensively or free. Thanks in advance for the help. Later.

Reaction score
For people to be able to respond knowledgably to your query, you would need to say what are the recorders (analog? digital?), to what medium (as in magnetic tape or mini disc), and most importantly, what type of audio outlets eg RCA line-out? If mini-disc, is the output in digital format?? Why are you transferring the sound to computer? That is, what do you want to do with the sound once transferred? eg are you wanting to edit it in some way and make a CD of these lectures? (I'm thinking ahead to software you might need to capture the sound.)

OP
docinsano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
basically i need a way to get the audio onto my hard drive, perhaps via the headphone jack or something. once transferred i will listen to the lectures at my leisure to study, etc. I have and am familiar with audacity so no need for any editing software. A digital recorder is my preference, so emphasis on the digital. Hope this narrows things down a bit, and thank you so far.

OP
docinsano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No prob with the format, conversion isn't an issue. Btw, how does the mac handle the recorder when its connected? Does it view it as a mass storage device (like a usb flash drive)? thanks so far.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Btw, how does the mac handle the recorder when its connected? Does it view it as a mass storage device (like a usb flash drive)? thanks so far.

yup - just treats it like a flash drive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.